To add large numbers of students at one time to your database, it may be useful to use this method for batch editing of the database.
- In the Admin section of ClassDex, go to the Import/Export page.
- Export the Customer database to a CSV file.
- You can open this file in Excel or another spreadsheet program. You should see a list of all of the students that you have entered already.
- Delete the cust_id column and the rows of existing students. (If you want to batch edit the existing customers, leave the cust_id column and edit the customer information)
- Add rows of new students. All dates should be formatted yyyy-mm-dd. Save the file as a CSV.
- Return to the Import/Export page and Import the new CSV file to the customer database.
Note: Batch adding students will NOT send the students emails to your Mailchimp list. Go directly to Mailchimp to batch add emails.