If a student will only be paying for part of a class, use Partial Payment to make this transaction. This could also be used for students who would like to make a “deposit” on a class. However, in general we discourage deposits and ask students to pay in full either in advance or on the first day of class.
- Find the student by searching for their full name.
- Click “Pay” next to the student’s name.
- If you have determined that the students will only be paying for part of a class, click “Partial Payment”.
- Enter the amount of the partial payment next to the corresponding class.
- If this payment is considered a complete payment for the class (such as the case where the student will be missing several classes and is only paying for the ones that they plan to attend), then select the “Paid” checkbox.
- Otherwise, if the student still owes money for the class (such as the case where the student is putting down a deposit), then leave the “Paid” checkbox unchecked.
- Check that the total payment due is correct.
- Add this amount to the cash register and receive payment from the student (by credit card, cash, or check).
- Once you have received payment from the student, return to ClassDex. Select the Payment Type from the drop down list and press “Make Partial Payment”. This completes the payment process.